Solar photovoltaic industry gets more attention as the most promising environment- friendly industry, and it is expected to have the significant role in resolving the earth’s energy problem. As production costs diminish, users increasingly view these energy sources as clean, cheap and reliable. In this background, the demand for “SOLAR CABLE”, which is the current transmission medium of solar energy power generation, is expected to increase with the expansion of market.
Solar cables are intented for use in photovoltaic power supply systems and similar applications as free hanging, movable, fixed installation and buried in ground in constructional covered systems. The cables can be used indoor, outdoor, in hazard explosion areas, in industry and agriculture. They are suitable for applications in equipment with protective insulation (protecting Class 2).
Special Properties of Solar Cables
- Lifetime reliability: lasts up to 30 years even under tough external conditions.
- Outdoor durability: resists extreme temperatures (-40°C to 120°C maximum at the core) and ozone resistant.
- UV resistance: full protection against ultraviolet rays.
- Halogen-free: Low Smoke Emission & Low Toxicity/Corrosivity during fire.
- Properties against fire: flame retardant, fire retardant.
- Flexibility and stripability: for fast and easy installation.
- Fully recyclable: in accordance with new environmental regulations.
- Easy installation with color identification (blue, red).
- Suitable to common connector types.
- TÜV certified.
Construction of solar cable
Conductor : Fine Wire Tinned Copper Conductor according to BS EN 60228:2005 cl. 5.
Insulation : UV resistant, cross linkable, halogen free, flame retardant compound for core insulation.
Core Identification : Red, black or natural
Sheath : UV resistant, cross linkable, halogen free, flame retardant compound for Sheath over insulation.
Cable Colour : Red, Black, Black with Red Strip
*can be manufactured with Red/Black colour Required Features of Solar cable
- Weather resistant
- Resistant to mineral oils
- Resistant to acids & alkaline
- Maximum conductor temperature of operation-120° C during 20000 hours.
- Minimum operating temperature : – 40° C ELECTRICAL FEATURES
- Voltage rating : 1.5 (1.8) KV DC / 0.6/1.0 (1.2) KV AC
- High voltage test: 6.5 KV DC for 5 minutes.
- Resistant to Impact , tear & abrasion
- Minimum bending radius – 4 times of overall diameter
- Safe pulling force -50 N/sqmm.
- Flame retardant according to IEC 60332-1-2
- Low smoke emission < 20% as per ASTM D-2843
- Halogen free according to EN 50267-2-1/-2, IEC 60754-2
- Acid gas emission not more than 0.5% as per IEC 60754-1 pH minimum 4.3 as per IEC 60754-2 conductivity maximum 10 as per IEC 60754-2
- Toxicity according to EN 50305, ITC- index<3